9 Day Spiti Bike Tour | Winter Special
About the Destination:
Spiti valley is the Indian favorite for witnessing some beautiful snow balls and snow rains. Full of monasteries and Tibetan culture, it’s one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in winters.
With striking places like the key monastery, Chandratal lake, Komic village, Dhankar lake, handicraft market and numerous others in its vicinity, can be toured in summers as well as winters. When the showers strike the region its landscape changes and in winters, the temperature steeps down to freezing points, extending picture-perfect sceneries.
This land of fresh environs, lush green blankets, snow-cladded peaks and everything beautiful, a trip to this segment has each thing to arrest you in its charm.
Wondering what you will be ticking off?
– Lahaul Valley: One of the most spellbinding places to visit in Spiti Valley, the Lahaul Valley is a staple for adrenaline junkies and solitude seekers alike. Bare mountains covered with null vegetation, clear blue skies, pollutions free environment, green meadows – Lahaul is a paradise for nature lovers.
– Key Monastery: A must visit tourist place in Spiti Valley, the Key Gompa is encircled by picturesque mountains and soothing valleys. A wonderful example of monastic architecture and decorated with beautiful paintings, murals, manuscripts, and wind instruments – the Kye attracts history and cultural buffs round the year.
– Dhankar Lake: Tucked atop a small hill at an impressive altitude of 4100 meters above sea level, the Dhankar, with its dazzling blue waters, is one of the most popular places to visit in Spiti Valley. The lake sits at the end of the famous Dhankar Lake trek known for its treacherous paths, rocky snow-capped mountains, and incomparable vistas.
– Dhankar Monastery: The Dhankar Fort Monastery sandwiched between Spiti and Pin rivers offers a special spiritual touch as it plays hide and seek on the trail. And once you reach the lake, the rare and diversified views will make your jaw drop! A truly curious landmark, the monastery is perched so precariously amongst rocks that it appears as if it is seconds away from falling all over.
– Tabo Monastery: Tabo Monastery is one of the most wondrous places to visit in Spiti Valley. Founded a millennium ago, the temple is a unique amalgamation of history, culture and natural splendor. In the cold barren deserts of Tabo valley, the monastery appears as a sanctum from the brutality of barbarous rocky mountains around.
– Kibber: To call Kibber beautiful would be putting it lightly – arid landscape, rocky mountains, meadows covered in vibrant wildflowers, and all this paired with pristine pollution free environment. Stargazers and photography lovers flock alike to Kibber to gaze at the unsurpassed, exquisite view of the Milky Way.
– Chandratal: Perched at a staggering altitude of 4200 meters above sea level, you have to witness the unparalleled beauty of Chandratal to believe it. A sanctuary from the lightning-fast city life, this lake is slowly becoming one of the most attractive tourist places in Spiti valley. With the spellbinding backdrop of majestic mountains and meadows covered with gorgeous wildflowers, the lake is the perfect place to click some Instagram worthy pictures for photography enthusiasts.
About the Tour:
Embark on an adventurous bike tour from Manali to Spiti and get ready for the ride of your life through the mountains and valleys of Himachal Pradesh. From exploring the Spiti Valley to the Kee Monastery and the beautiful lake of Chandra Taal, the trip is an adventure that will leave you astonished at the beauty of the Himalayas. Visit Kee monastery, Kibber village, Langza and Komic village, the largest inhabited village in Asia. Have a glimpse of Tabo, the Ajanta of Himalayas, also visit Gyu village on the fifth day. Embark on a ride to visit Tabo monastery and later to Losar, enjoy a total getaway from the stressed-out life of yours.
Your 9 day adventure starts from Chandigarh. You travel all the way around seeing popular, beautiful and hidden sites in the Spiti Valley and come back to Manali. Stay at great places, eat local food, travel around the valley, know the culture and visit landmark spots that will take your breath away. Read the advisory and inclusions carefully before going for the tour.
In peak winter i.e. January and early February, all the places might not be open due to adverse weather conditions. We will keep you updated of the same in case any last-minute changes need to be made to your plan.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Why Moody Hexagon
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
Give your rating
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 15 minutes of successful booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.
- If cancellation are made 60 days before the date of travel then 10.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 30 days to 60 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Payment Terms Policy
- 100.0% of total tour cost will have to be paid 0 days before the date of booking
The cost for Pawna lake camping for 2 days and 1 night start at only INR 778 and is being offered at a discount of 39%. Book an exotic holiday vacation to the popular Pawna lake at the best prices, only at Thrillophilia.
You can go for Pawna Lake camping throughout the year. The rainy season and the period immediately after the rainy season is one of the best time to plan your expedition to this place.
The wet and cool weather during this time brings out the best features of this place and gives the tourists a wonderful time to enjoy among themselves. If you are planning to go there for camping, then this is one of the best time to be here.
After October, the weather tends to turn dry and hot as compared to the monsoon months between July and September.
If you are starting your trip from Pune, to reach Pawna lake, you would have to travel a distance of 60 KM via Kamshet. From Mumbai, you can take a route to Via Lonavala and reach the location by travelling 120 KM.
If bringing your own vehicle, make sure you reach the location before dawn, as the last 10 KMs are rocky terrains, and driving there is a bit difficult.
Yes, Pawna Lake is filled with water throughout the year, which makes it possible for tourists to visit the lake even during summertime. The weather, however, will be hot and the surrounding scenes might not be as attractive as they are usually during the monsoon season. Thus, if you are planning to make a trip to Pawna Lake, it might be wise to choose the monsoon season for the same.