Sandakphu Trek, 2020
Known as another of the beautiful Himalayan trek Sandakphu Trek is a must do the trek for the adventure seekers and nature lovers. This trek takes after the well known Singalila Ridge, an eye-catching goad of high ground that lies at the southern end of a long peak, which keeps running down from the Kanchendzongha massif and structures the outskirt between Sikkim and Nepal. You will start this fascinating trek from New Jalpaiguri and then reach Manebhanjan from where you will start your trek.
You will start trekking towards Tumling, on your second day which is one of the spectacular peaks of the Singalila Range. On your third day, you will trek to Kalipokhri covering a distance of around 9 km in 5 hours and the pass the Singalila National Park. On your fourth day, you will come across the amazing sight of the Sandakphu Peak, Mt Khanchendzonga, and Mt Everest. Standing tall these peaks will beckon you to stare at it for long. Get a chance to witness the majestic sunrise while during your trek.
On your fifth day, you will start your descending trek from Sandakphu to Srikhola. Keep admiring the beauty of the whole place as you continue trekking. You will also come across the spectacular panoramic views of Nepal Himalayas including Kanchendzongha range, Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Janu, Chamlang, Baruntse and a host of Sikkim peaks all seen in one stretch. The awesome stroll along the edge is perfect for the learners/beginners, who need to investigate Darjeeling/Sikkim Himalayas. Your trek to Sandakphu will indeed be a lifetime experience.
Located at an altitude of 11,941ft in the Darjeeling district of West Bengal, Sandakphu trek is popularly known as a ‘Trekkers Wonderland’. It is the highest region of West Bengal. This 6-day long trek takes you through the journey of Sandakphu through different picturesque locations which are untamed until now. Not just this during your trek catch the glimpse of the Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu along with a diverse range of flora and fauna, contrasting views of snow-clad peaks and evergreen forests.
This trek is considered as the highest trek in West Bengal. The trek route to Sandakphu goes all along the Singalila range and therefore this is also known as Singalila trek. During the trek, you will not only see the famous peaks but also Three Sisters and few other peaks of Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet and Bhutan in one single stretch of snow. Soak in the beauty of the region as you continue your trek and watch the towering peaks touching the sky. The cluster of Kanchenjunga forms the upper body and is popular among the people as The Sleeping Buddha.
Your trek route lies along the border of India and Nepal. There is also the Singalila National Park where one can find a rare species like Red Panda and is a birder’s paradise. You will also find blooming Rhododendrons and Magnolia which will turn the forest with red, pink and white shades during spring and foliage hue during fall. The Sandakphu Trek is definitely the best trek you should try this season.
Sandakphu Trek Highlights:
– Sandakphu Trek is one of the most beautiful treks which will take you through some of the most unknown and unexplored parts of Sikkim and Nepal.
– During the trek, you will come across the Mt Everest the snow peak which is said to bears bequest of the mythical stairway to heaven.
– You will also have the chance to camp under the brilliant night sky and that too with a bonfire.
– Pass through the small streams and witness the beauty of the whole region.
– Stop for a while and meet the friendly locals of villages and learn about their day to day life.
– Get a chance to witness the majestic sunrise on your fourth day.
– You will also find blooming Rhododendrons and Magnolia which will turn the forest with red, pink and white shades during spring and foliage hue during fall.
Sandakphu Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 5°C
Sandakphu Trek Trekking Distance: 47km
Sandakphu Trek Altitude: 11,941ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri (NJP) is the nearest railway station
Airport: Bagdogra Airport
ATM: You can withdraw money at New Jalpaiguri (NJP).
Sandakphu Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrival in New Jalpaiguri (NJP), Drive from NJP – Manebhanjan/Chitrey (95km/4 Hours)
Travel to Manebhanjan
Upon arrival in New Jalpaiguri/Siliguri in the morning, you will be taken to Manebhanjan, the origin of this amazing Sandakphu trekking.
Day 2 – 11km/5 hours trek, Singalila Range, trek from Manebhanjan to Tumling (9,500ft)
After your breakfast, start trekking towards Tumling, one of the spectacular peaks in the Singalila Range.
Upon arrival at a trekker’s hut.
Day 3 – 9km/5 Hours Trek, Singalila National Park
Get ready to trek to Kalipokhri covering a distance of around 9 km in 5 hours.
While walking past the Singalila National Park, explore and discover the enchanting beauty of the vicinity.
Stay overnight in a trekker’s hut in Kalipokhri.
Day 4 – 8km/4 Hours Trek, Sandakphu Peak, Mt Khanchendzonga, Mt Everest, Sunset Views
Today, you will be trekking in Sandakphu, the highest point in West Bengal.
Enjoy the panoramic views of the Mt Khanchendzonga and Everest, the scenic forests underneath.
Relish the sight of a mesmerising sunset as well.overnight stay will be in a trekker’s hut.
Day 5 – 17km/7 Hours Trek, Descend to Srikhola
Start the day with a descending trek from Sandakphu to Srikhola.
For the first half of the trek, climb downhill to Gurdum (around 5 hours).
For the next half, a 2 hours’ descend will finally take you to Srikhola.
Day 6 – Return journey to New Jalpaiguri (130km/5 Hours)
In the morning, take a drive through the winding roads and get transferred to New Jalpaiguri.
The experience ends here.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Why Moody Hexagon
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
Give your rating
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 15 minutes of successful booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.
- If cancellation are made 60 days before the date of travel then 10.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 30 days to 60 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Payment Terms Policy
- 100.0% of total tour cost will have to be paid 0 days before the date of booking
The tarkarli beach scuba diving activity duration is for one day. The reporting time for the activity is at 9:30 AM and the departure time is at 3:30 PM. During this time, you can enjoy professional diving experience under the guidance of a professional diver.