Tour Of Nagaland, The Virgin Greens
- One of the most beautiful states among the seven sisters of India, the land of very ancient tribes of Naga is Nagaland and a tour of Nagaland will let you come across a lot of unimaginable sights.
- The 10 day tour starts from Guwahati will take you to Shillong, Cherrapunji, Mawlynnong, Kaziranga, Kigwema, Kohima and Khonoma.
- On this tour, Kaziranga would be acting as the principal halt and you are invited to enjoy the tranquilizing serenity at its best with an elephant safari or jeep safari.
- In Meghalaya, you will witness the living root bridges, the cleanest village in Asia and the most popular town of Shillong.
- While in Nagaland, you will be getting ample chances to meet the locals, stay with the village people at their homestay and a remarkable choice to lure their traditional tastes.
- This package includes food, accommodation in homestays and transportation during the whole tour.
Day 1 – Fly into Guwahati and drive to Shillong
Get a mesmerizing drive from Guwahati to Shillong along the smooth road and upon your arrival, settle down into your home stay.
Day 2 – Local Shillong sightseeing
Shillong is filled with two different landscapes, one of lush green rain fed forests and the other of barren land caused by the heavy erosion from relentless rain.
Visit the Laitlum Canyons, Mawphlang Sacred Forest, Spread Eagle Fall, Sweet Fall, Elephanta falls and Shillong peak, the Cathedral Catholic Church and Lady Hydari Park on a sightseeing tour of Shillong.
Day 3 – Shillong-Mawlynnong village-Dawki-Cherrapunjee
Post breakfast drive to Mawlynnong which is the cleanest village in Asia. Drive through winding roads and panoramic views. Visit the famous living roots bridge and explore rural lifestyle in the village.
Living root bridges are a form of tree shaping common in the southern part of the Northeast Indian state of Meghalaya. The useful lifespan of any given living root bridge is variable, but it is thought that, under ideal conditions, they can last for many hundreds of years. As long as the tree they are formed from remains healthy, they naturally self-renew and self-strengthen as their component roots grow thicker.
Day 4 – Drive to Kaziranga National Park
Take a five hour journey from Shillong to visit Kaziranga National Park where you will stay overnight at jungle camps.
If time allows, you will be able to take an evening jeep safari.
Day 5 – Kaziranga National park
Kaziranga National Park is famous for the endangered species, one-horned rhinoceros and it opens up as the venue for early-morning elephant safaris.
Spend the day enjoying an elephant safari followed by a jeep safari and enjoy the abundance of wildlife that this park has to offer.
Day 6 – Ahoy Nagaland
Start early for a long drive to Kohima. Nagaland is of a primeval beauty, its stunning hills and valleys – right on the edge of the India–Myanmar border – are an otherworldly place where, until very recently, some 16-odd headhunting Naga tribes valiantly fought off any intruders.
Come and settle into a cozy homestay with an Angami family and revel in traditional Naga hospitality.
Day 7 – Kohima visit
Explore Kohima and marvel at its splendid landscape and main attractions including the famous cathedrals, war cemetery and spend some time at the local market and watch the city go by.
Spend the evening at the market purchasing exotic ingredients for your culinary tour experience by night.
Visit the Kohima Museum, the British War Cemetery and the Kohima Cathedral.
Day 8 – Spend a day like a local Naga villager
Here you get a chance to learn the traditional Angami way of life, see the Morungs and local homes.
Learn basket weaving and shawl weaving.
Spend your afternoon walking along the fields and have an exotic lunch in the fields savoring locally brewed wine.
Day 9 – Khonoma village visit
Visit Khonoma village which is a testament to the will power of the tribal groups of Nagaland to protect and conserve their natural habitat.
The village is an eco-village with all forms of hunting admonished for a more sustainable ecosystem.
The reason Khonoma is even more special is that the Naga tribes, who live here are traditionally known to be largely dependent on nature for their food and hunt on a mass level, but the tribes of the Khonoma villagers have given up on this century old practice, to protect their environment.
An ambitious project of converting a whole tribal village into an eco-friendly, conservation based village whose people have given up on traditional practices which used to harm their own surroundings. Traveling to this village hidden in the base of the mountains of Nagaland one admires their courage, resolve and success.
Khonoma Village is worth a visit to see for oneself the success that can be achieved in an alternative form of living.
Day 10 – Departure from Dimapur
Depart from Dimapur and bid adieu to the pristine landscape of Nagaland.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Why Moody Hexagon
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
Give your rating
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 15 minutes of successful booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.
- If cancellation are made 60 days before the date of travel then 10.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 30 days to 60 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Payment Terms Policy
- 100.0% of total tour cost will have to be paid 0 days before the date of booking
The tarkarli beach scuba diving activity duration is for one day. The reporting time for the activity is at 9:30 AM and the departure time is at 3:30 PM. During this time, you can enjoy professional diving experience under the guidance of a professional diver.