Tribes And Culture Tour On Majuli Island
- Get transferred from Jorhat airport to Nimati Ghat on the first day of the tour.
- In the afternoon, enjoy a cruise over the wide Brhamaputra river and reach Majuli which is known as the biggest river island.
- Witness the variety appeared in the culture and tradition of the Assam people and wait for a calm and serene night by staying in traditional bamboo cottage.
- Visit the historic Sattras or monasteries to know about the old Viashnav culture followed by the Assamese monks.
- See the practice of mask making for Bhaona and get a glimpse of the rituals performed at the Namghor and later stride through thee village to see Tekeli, a unique type of pot.
- Mishing tribe resides in one of the villages in the countryside, interact with the people and experience the ethnic cuisine along with Apong.
Day 1 –
Reach Nimati Ghat after being picked up from Jorhat airport and relax for the rest of the day in the island Majuli.
You will be transferred to the island by a ferry through the wide Brahmaputra river.
Get an amazing view of the sunset when you relax on the banks of the river.
Day 2 –
Visit the historic Sattras or Assamese monasteries to learn about their old Vaishnav culture practiced by the monks.
Witness the practice of Mask Making for Bhaona, the traditional operas, which depict stories from Hindu mythology.
Also attend a prayer session in at the Namghor (temple).
Later, visit a village of the Assamese potters who create unique pots (Tekeli) without the use of the potter’s-wheel.
Day 3 –
Set out to stroll through the countryside of Assam and visit a village of the Mishing tribe.
Enjoy the traditional cuisines prepared by the tribal people along with Apong, a local alcoholic drink.
Day 4 –
Return journey to Jorhat in the morning and your tour end there.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Why Moody Hexagon
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
We have a minimum price guarantee. If you get the same product at cheaper price we will refund the difference.
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
Give your rating
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 15 minutes of successful booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash.
- If cancellation are made 60 days before the date of travel then 10.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 30 days to 60 days before the date of travel then 25.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 15 days to 30 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Payment Terms Policy
- 100.0% of total tour cost will have to be paid 0 days before the date of booking
The tarkarli beach scuba diving activity duration is for one day. The reporting time for the activity is at 9:30 AM and the departure time is at 3:30 PM. During this time, you can enjoy professional diving experience under the guidance of a professional diver.